Friday, May 16, 2008

Back from the dark ages

I am up and running, and I LOVE my new Macbook.  We will never be PC owners again.  We had a problem with the first one and the customer service was amazing (and in the USA).  Now, all is well and I can blog with pictures again.  So let me catch you up.  We went on a little vacation to Palm Desert and visited the living desert.  It is a very cool zoo with all kinds of amazing animals.  You will see some of the pics in the slide show, but I had a stare down contest with this mountain lion that had that glass not been there, I am pretty sure she would have eaten both the boys and had Paul and I for dessert.



Our next adventure was to Disneyland with some dear friends of ours.  Jake loves any ride we go on, and Adam is pretty obsessed with riding the train (shocker, I know) and the boats (a.k.a. Pirate of the Carribean).  Adam also loved the giant letters outside of California Adventure.  He was just amazed.  He kept saying A is for ADAM!!!
We also had the opportunity to go to Fire Service Day in Torrance.  It is the open house every year with the Fire Department.  Paul was working so we hung out with him that morning, and actually had a really fun family day.  Below is mascot that the boys loved cuddling with.  
And the biggest thing that has been happening is that Adam is well on his way to being potty trained.  He only wears a diaper at night.  I feel like this is going to be one of the greatest accomplishments of my life.  He has a few accidents here and there, but all in all, he is doing great.  I am so proud of him.  And now he can go to preschool 2 days a week starting in September.  YEAH!!!!!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Good Job, Adam (and mom too)! It is a great accomplishment for both of you. You should be proud. I love that picture of him sitting on the potty. So cute!

Cathy Bolander said...

Seriously hilarious! Sitting on the potty reading a paper. Priceless! Good job mom & Adam.

J.J. said...

sara i am SO proud of you with the potty training. you are going to feel proud of your son for a loooooooong time over this one...it is a HUGE accomplishment!

Katie said...

Glad to see your back! Way to go Adam! I think we need to a have a potty party for our kids! (-: