For those of you who do not speak the I-talian language (that's okay, neither do I) that says Happy first Birthday Jake.

So this is how the little guy greeted us on his actual birthday.

Let me apologize for the length of this post. My mom, dad, and my brother and his family all live in Texas and could not come to Jake's party so this is how they get to experience it. And in case you didn't know...the theme for his birthday party was Italy. So here are the cakes I made. It shouldn't surprise you that I made 3 cakes. The first one took me 2 tries and 8 hours to get right and it has notated the areas in Italy where Jake's ancestors are from (Pescara, Barrea, and Ischia). Oh, and they don't make Italy shaped cake pans. I will never make another again.


This is the Italian island of Ischia (yes, I know it looks like the USA) where Paul's father's family is from

And this is Jake's cake...the Croatian flag. A nod to my mother-in-law who is from Croatia (and who Jake is the spitting image of). I had intended to do the shape of the country, but being very poor in geography I didn't realize the country has countless islands off its coast.
The very fun game.

And now for the cake eatting..
You want me to do what?
I really don't know about this.

Okay, I'll give it a try

Still not sure about it

Nope, I don't like it

3 comments:
He ate his cake just like Mazie did on her first birthday. She didn't. I love the pictures and the slide show too. That was a lot of work for those cakes. I am sure they were yummy.
For those of you who read these comments, know that Sara is the ultimate party thrower! I've only been in LA for 5 months and this was the most fun I have had. Everything from the food to the games were just perfect. What a way to celebrate such a wonderful little one year old! Sara-can't wait to spend this weekend with the boys again! Although, I'll just be watching The Cutting Edge, I can't wait! Just make sure there is no crepe paper involved! :-)
Wish we could have stayed to watch Jake eat his cake (or not). I know someone that would have LOVED to help him eat it. Happy Birthday Jake and Congratulations Sara and Paul for making it through the first year!
Post a Comment