Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Ladybug Adventure

Adam discovered a ladybug in our flower bed yesterday. He was so enthralled and quickly became obsessed with finding more once that one flew away. Unfortunately we weren't able to find another one until we walked to the store this morning. So again, the wonder and amazement returned to his eyes as we looked at the ladybug. Then the poor bug fell from my finger onto the sidewalk. As soon as that bug hit the pavement, my sweet son stood up as fast as he could and stomped on that beautiful bug. I gasped in horror as my son looked at me puzzled as to why I was so horrified. I guess this is one of the not so joys of being a mother of boys. My new mission is to teach my loving son that there are some creatures that should not be squashed.




4 comments:

Megan said...

Haa haa haa! I had to laugh out loud to this one. So funny.

Cathy Bolander said...

Not all boys will be like this right? I laugh as I write this because Johnnie is such a BOY. Constantly tackling me but I'm happy to say when I act hurt he gets worried & says "mommy" & helps me up. Not nice, but at least I know he is sensitive about his mommy.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Well, at least you know you have someone to take care of the spiders! :)

Katie said...

That's hilarious! Don't worry I could picture Kelsea doing something similar!