Wednesday, September 8, 2010

His first day

I can't believe it came. His first day of Kindergarten. So so big. I am not sure who was more excited, him or me.

Here he is with the bag he picked all by himself. Are you surprised it is a train?
He picked his outfit too.
A short moment of brotherly love.
We are so lucky we get to walk to school. I told him I would carry the bag full of his school supplies, but he insisted on doing it himself.
Another firefighter was nice enough to work a little later this morning so Paul could be a part of the monumental day.

Here is his teacher, Mrs. Willliams. I was so excited that he was actually there that I completely blew this picture with wrong camera settings.
He wrote his name all by himself under the correct column of how he gets to school.
Thought this was clever. He colored this shoe. When he learns how to tie his shoes all by himself, Mrs. Williams will draw laces on his shoe for him.
His school mascot is a grizzly bear. Off to a wonderful year, and just a little freedom for mommy.

5 comments:

J.J. said...

Yay Adam! What a big year, huh! How did little brother do without him?

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Congrats on such an awesome milestone!

Cathy Bolander said...

Very cool achievement Adam. And good job mama. No tears? Can we see pics of the backyard?

Megan said...

You Go Adam! Good job Mama.

Katie said...

Woohoo! Love that bag he picked out. I can just picture him carry it down the street.