I have been absent from the blogging world because on Aug 23rd my family gained another guardian angel. My Grammy finally found peace again. To deal with her passing, I made myself busy with photo projects to bring to the memorial. We had an amazing tribute to her in my parents' hometown which included family dinner night, a memorial service, a heart breaking Notre Dame game, a 5K run, and a wonderful Steeler game. It was a reunion I will never forget. Thank you to my husband and his parents which made my trip possible.
Circa 1981...me, Brian, Grammy, and Pap Pap (we lost him 26 years ago). I stumbled across this picture the day she died.

A ray of sunshine of the trip was getting to spend some time with my last living grandparent. Papa is the best. Here he is with my brother watching over the neighborhood.


Another bonus, getting to see my parents. I haven't seen them since July.

Here are the grandchildren (with spouses) and 3 of the great grandchildren at the recreation of a Sunday dinner at Grammy's house. We were missing 2 spouses, 2 grandchildren, and 4 great grandchildren, but thanks to modern technology we were able to skype them in from Australia, Minnesota, California, and Texas.

The current owners of my grandparent's house were nice enough to let us take pictures at a place that holds so many memories for us.

The family pilgrimage to the Federal...the bar my Pap Pap owned before he passed.

The fam.

The grandchildren.

The children.

We'll miss you Grammy. Watch over my boys and enjoy that party in heaven.




4 comments:
I know it was a big loss but I'm glad you were able to celebrate her life with your family.
I'm so sorry for your loss but this is a great tribute!
Sorry to hear about your loss. Great post, though.
I'm so glad you had such a wonderful celebration of her life, my friend:)
Post a Comment