Friday, July 16, 2010

4th of July

Our 4th was so wonderful this year. We started the festivities on the 3rd so all the kids could decorate their bikes/wagons/razors for the next day. I got a little carried away with the wagon.

Jake and Pap just chilling before we started our pancake breakfast in the park.
Paul and I ran the 10K which was a little painful to say the least. I think we will be doing the 5K next year (even though it is at 7:15).
Me and my cheering section.
The boys were supposed to run the 1K, but Adam wasn't feeling well so he rode in the stroller and Jake decided to run part of the time, and walk when he felt like it. He still finished so that's all that counts.
Their medals!
After the races, they had a great parade. This guy was our favorite.
We then came back to our cul-de-sac for a cookout and games. My mom is riding a rip rider. Razor makes these. If you ever have an opportunity to ride one of these, I highly recommend it. The back wheels pivot so you can spin out and do all kinds of fun tricks. I think the adults had more fun with these than the kids did.
At the end of day.
But no tired enough to miss out on the water balloon fight.
At the end of the day, they had an amazing fireworks display that was timed to music and definitely the highlight of my favorite holiday!

4 comments:

Cathy Bolander said...

It looks like your favorite holiday was wonderful. What was your 10k time? Where was Paul? Did you leave him behind? Your neighborhood seems to go all out which is very cool.

Julie said...

Loving all the photos!!! I think we are inviting ourselves there for the 4th next year! Your mom - well, let's say that photo is priceless!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Cathy,
Paul finished way ahead of me. He is such an amazing athlete. On top of being good looking and very smart. I am so lucky to be married to him.
Sara

Sara said...

The anonymous comment was my husband. I for the record, left him in my dust, but I will agree to the rest of the comment.