Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter 2010

We went back to Palm Desert with Paul's family for Easter this year. Really, why wouldn't you...beautiful surroundings and good company.
Got smart this year and everyone had their own egg dying station.
The boys did a great job this year. I just realized that I didn't take a picture of the finished product.
Easter egg hunting was so much more fun this year since Adam wasn't suffering from a stomach bug like last year.
The Easter bunny did such a good job of hiding the eggs. I heard his first attempt was foiled by the sprinklers. So the eggs waited until we came home from church.

The loot.
An extra special treat this year...etch-a-sketch. I love how hard he is concentrating....
And how proud he is of his creation.
Someone's actual birthday was on Easter this year so we had Jake's birthday cake for dessert. He wanted no part of the birthday hats, but his brother loved it.
And Baba found a creative way to wear hers.
Things went a little sour over some candles. So here is Jake's "I need some space" move.
And his classic facial expressions as he tells us why he is mad.

Love it. I will miss this age.
Thanks Baba and Nono for the wonderful weekend.
Can you tell that Jake was at the peak of his sugar high, and Adam was coming down? Hope you had a happy Easter, too!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday, Jake. I too will miss this age with the drama. I didn't know boys were as bad as girls with all that! It looks like you had a lovely Easter.

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

What an adorable family photo!!! I love that. Hey, are you going to the AXO reunion?

Katie said...

Well at least you got a family photo! :-)

Looks like you had a great (and healthy-yea) weekend!

J.J. Killins said...

what a great family photo!