So the real reason my dad come to visit it us (other than to play with his grandsons) was to go to a place he has never been...Disneyland. Hard to believe, I know. So here you go dad, 17 rides in 9.5 hours. Thank you for being such a trooper and thank you Jake and Adam for being even bigger troopers.
The obligatory Main Street USA picture with Sleeping Beauty's castle at the end.

Waiting for the matterhorn

After the matterhorn...my kids always want to get off rides on the wrong side.

Jake had been asking to drive Pap on Autopia for weeks before Pap even showed up. Let me tell you it is always an experience with Jake behind the wheel. Hope your back has recovered dad.

Oh the teacups...hell on earth as far as I am concerned. But the kids love it, and of course Pap had to ride all of the signature rides.

In the monkey cage on Casey Jr. We always ride every train in Disneyland. Shocking, I know.

Pap, the boys, and the blue ring pops Nonni sent for special treats waiting in line for Small World.

Can you tell the ring pops were blue?


On the toon town roller coaster with Jake. It is short, but a quick ride. My kids love it...and so did Pap.

Look at Jake with his little hands up. So very very proud. I am a roller coaster junkie.

Just was proud that I got this shot since was riding too.

On the trolley that doesn't move. I haven't figured that out yet. Why are there all these tracks in toon town that have nothing that rides on them. The only purpose they serve is trapping my stroller wheels.

On the disneyland train, of course.

So love the new Torrance shirts for kids. Looks just like Daddy's shirt he wears to work.

And now for the fast chugga chugga train (better known as Thunder Mountain). Adam's favorite ride. Jake isn't tall enough to ride it yet, but is always a good sport about hanging with me to watch. Pap and Adam are in the front car.

Notice Pap's hands aren't up in the air on this one.




Do you think Pap liked it?

Jungle Cruise.

Tiki Room. Our family favorite. Can you tell that this was the last activity for the day?

Dad, I am so glad that the boys and I got to be a part of your first trip to the happiest place on earth. We had a blast and I love you.

For a bonus, our dinner at Farrells. It is an old fashioned ice cream parlor that is all about the kids with fantastic desserts. So love my Jake, and it is a miracle that we have not yet been to the ER with him.


Here is the lead up to this amazing picture...."Jake, take a picture with Pap please." In a whining tone, "nooo-oooo." "Jake, Please take a picture with Pap so you can have ice cream after dinner." Hence, this picture.

Not sure where the tongue sticking out is coming from, but I still love this picture.

After a ridiculous week of Jui Jitsu, Disneyland, a block party, a spring festival, a surprise 40th, Jake's 3rd birthday, and 1 day off. We have almost recovered from all the fun, and can't wait for you and Nonni to come out this summer. We love you.




4 comments:
Man, I miss Disneyland. Thanks for the update!
Sounds like such a fun trip. Can't believe Jake hasn't been to the ER - Sophie has already. I bet the two of them could get into some major trouble together!
Oh my gosh I can't believe that was his first trip to Disneyland--how fun! Makes me want to go back. :-)
9.5 hours. I can't even comprehend that at this point. Glad it was fun.
Post a Comment