Thursday, January 7, 2010

Holiday Round Up

Well, it has been a month let me tell you. Between celebrating Baba and Nono's 70th birthdays, Christmas parties, moving, a visit from Pap and Nonni, ear infections, strep throat, and the new year, it has been one crazy month.

Baba and Nono surprised us with an overnight trip to Disneyland to celebrate their 70th birthdays. As you will see, they were good sports about the surprises we had for them.

Love love love these pics. Something so magical about Disneyland.

Thanks Auntie Shari for getting this one. One of my favorites.
And thanks Uncle Anthony for the Churros.


The birthday honorees with their boys.
Really Jake?
We got in on the fun too.
We ate breakfast at Goofy's kitchen. I think Jake liked his pancake.

Adam could not take his eyes off the princesses.
Thank you Baba and Nono for a wonderful trip. Happy birthday.
We did manage to squeeze in a visit to Santa.
Adam's preschool Christmas program was uneventful this year. Last year he put on quite a performance when he flashed the crowd. I was a little worried when this was the first look I got from him.
At least he didn't suck his thumb.
Just a little bored.
And for his grand finale, a little nose picking. He did sing this year and did the motions too.
I loved that he wants to give baby Jesus a train for Christmas.
Adam decorated these cupcakes for his friend Luke's birthday. I know it is shocking that we were sick for Luke's birthday party, so we had our own party for him.
Bring on Christmas Eve. We were at Baba and Nono's house for the festivities and the always amazing feast of the 7 fishes. As you can see, lobster is one of the courses.
So glad to have my mom and dad with us this year.
The view from Baba and Nono's back porch.

Paul frying the shrimp. His job every year.
Santa surprised us with a visit and gave Jake a shopping cart.
This one just cracks me up.
The other highlight of the evening was Auntie Shari's cookies. That was a close second to Santa's visit for them.
We spent Christmas day with my cousin's Tom and Shannon. How beautiful are all these cousins?
We also rang in the new year with a sleep over at our house with the Ricci clan. Thanks guys for an awesome holiday celebration.
Hope everyone's holidays were as wonderful as ours. Happy 2010.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I love your updates. There are so many pictures. I love the one of you and Jake at Disneyland. The boys are getting so big. Happy New Year!

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Your boys are just too dang cute!

Cathy Bolander said...

Glad to see you made it through all the chaos this month. I too love the photo of you with Jake! So sweet! I can't wait for our sleepover at your new place.

J.J. Killins said...

i am loving reading the christmas updates going around! i love the disney ones, so magical! i just thought of you the other day and thought about how old all the kids will be on their bdays this year - crazy that adam will turn five?

Katie said...

Wow that is quite a month!

What's up with all the boy cousins?

We are going to Goofy's Kitchen for Kelsea's Birthday. I think I might be almost as excited as she is. We are leaving Lorelei at home which should make things so much easier!