Well I have finally gotten back in the groove after my trip to Steubenville for my Grandma's funeral. It was wonderful reuniting with family and friends, just wish it was under better circumstances. Grandma was really watching over all of us as we all made it in from all over the country with no flight delays and safely. As you can see in the below picture, that was a miracle in itself.
This is my brother, cousin, and me on the front steps of my grandparent's home. A home that holds more memories than one can remember. It is heartbreaking to know that I will never have a conversation with my grandma at her kitchen table eating procuitto and fontinella cheese from Federicos.
This is my Papa doing his favorite pastime, watching over the neighborhood. In this case, he was supervising my brothers snow shoveling techniques.
My dear friends, Danielle and Valerie, who have been in my life for the last 27 years. Through thick and thin, the Hawes family has been there. I love you dearly.
My goomba family the morning of the funeral. It has been a very long time since it has been just the 4 of us. We all missed Katie and the girls and Paul and the boys. Thank you Paul and Katie for making it possible for Brian and I to celebrate our grandma's life.
And my Papa in his new home. My amazing Aunt Linda and Uncle Tommy have welcomed Papa into their home which he has taken to nicely. He is a ray of sunshine that can make you smile just by looking at you. This trip was bitter sweet and would not have been possible without an amazing support system. Thank you to my husband and in-laws who dropped everything to be with my boys so I could be a granddaughter and daughter instead of a mom for just a few days.




No comments:
Post a Comment