Monday, February 9, 2009

After the funeral...time to blow off steam and celebrate her life

So once we had cried every tear we could (at least that was what I thought until I got home), we celebrated Grandma's amazing life by blowing off some steam.   Just like she would have wanted.  She would have hated all the fuss and tears and just would have wanted to party.  So we started finding the light in the situation.  For example, the below picture is of my brother with an icicle from my Aunt and Uncle's house.  He later used it as a javelin.

Here we are at the bar my Papap (Dad's dad) used to own.  It is now a hole in the wall, but it is still great.  Got to love Iron City beer.
Thank you Cliff for the 8 bottles of your amazing homemade wine.  We drank them all.  Oh, and we saved the bottles for you.
Me and my beautiful mother after our day of tears.  I don't think you can ever be prepared to watch your own mother bury hers.  This was the first time that I saw my mother as a daughter.
So the more we celebrated, the better singers we became.  This is Brian, Uncle Tommy, and me singing Bohemian Rhapsody accompanied by my brother's ipod.
We went to the swap meet to get Papa out of the house and to take advantage of the being in the Pittsburgh area for the Super Bowl and do some shopping.  While there, we found Dean Martin, not surprising since Steubenville is his home town.
Angela, Lucy and I getting ready for the game with our Pittsburgh black and gold chips.  Grandma was a huge Steelers fan as are all of us, so we knew we were going to win.
Of course we had to get our 3D glasses on for the special commercials.
All of us did, including Papa who stayed up the entire game on the East Coast.  He normally goes to bed at 9.  I am pretty sure he did it as a tribute to Grandma.
Mom, Dad, and I flew out the next morning and this was at the Pittsburgh airport with a lot of overpriced Super Bowl champion t-shirts.  Thank you Grandma for working your magic during the game as I know you had to be hard at work during that last game winning drive.  I will miss you always.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Looks like you all had a great time together considering what was going on. It's good to just vent sometimes.