Riff ram bah zoo
Lickety lickety zoo zoo
Hoo wah wah hoo
Give 'em hell T-C-U!!!!
And that we did! That is probably the worst cheer in all of college football, but on New Year's Day 2011 in Pasadena California on a perfect day, it worked! I was so blessed to be able to go to the Rose Bowl to watch my alma mater play. I can't think of a better way to kick off 2011.
Luckily my husband (who even wore purple for me...he's a keeper) was able to get the day off so he could go with me. I was so proud of his purple spirit!

We went with our friends Bobby and Julie who both attended TCU. We all had a great time (and had the best tailgate party of any that I saw)!

Our seats were great! All of the big plays happened right in front of us. Please take note of the shirt. That was 3 days of tweezers and glue (and fighting off the boys who wanted to "help"). I think I want to be buried in it.

Me in my full TCU outfit. They gave us the towels that we waved the entire game. It says "Fear the Frog."

Russ and Sally Brown. They are my parents' neighbors that were nice enough to let us have the extra 2 tickets they had. I cannot thank them enough for the opportunity to watch the Frogs win the Rose Bowl!

The ESPN crew!

Pre game show.

F-18 Fly over

My favorite cook, Paula Deen, was the grand marshall of the Rose parade, so she did the coin toss. Loved that she said she was only used to flipping things in pans!

Me and my amazing husband who took 99% of the pictures you are seeing so I could just enjoy the game. Thank you for cheering for TCU as loud as I did, for giving me the tickets for Christmas, and for documenting my Rose Bowl experience. I love love love you!!!

The final score. That was after the giant 1st down that sealed the game for TCU!

The winning moment.

The Rose Bowl Champs!

This was an experience of a lifetime. We never sat down. Even though we were greatly out numbered, TCU fans were still louder and out cheered the Wisconsin fans. I am very hoarse and my legs are sore, and I am still on a high from a game that I was completely emotionally vested in. Thank you to all my friends and family who sent me "Go Frogs!" texts and emails from all over the country. Thank you Mary, for betting on TCU for me in Las Vegas. And a very special thanks to Paul's family who watched my boys so we could have this experience. Happy 2011 and way to go FROGS!!!




3 comments:
Looks like it was so much fun! Wish I could have been there! Great pictures! GO FROGS!
I'm so glad your team won & I LOVE all the purple...the nails, the bedazzled sweatshirt, the husband who who wore purple (& was that a robe?) & such great pics. Go Frogs!
What a fun post and a great gift!
Post a Comment