Okay, so throw me in blogger jail. I have no excuse, just haven't been blogging. So here is the catch up. January started off with our first family visitor for dinner, Paul's cousin Gina. If you have not had the pleasure of spending time with her....you are definitely missing out. My boys were instantly enamored with her, and I had a blast having someone who loves cooking as much as I do in the kitchen with me. We made homemade cavatelli, braciole, and salad with an awesome dressing that Gina just made us as she went along. Thanks for coming to visit and we hope that you come back soon. It was a blast.

It seems like Adam is growing up much faster than I am ready for. And always wanting be just like his dad. He worked hard at this pose so he could be just like daddy. He has no idea how familiar he is going to be with gardening tools once he gets older. Probably won't think it is so fun then.

Jake took this one. I love it.

Adam has entered a new phase...severe pouting. Sorry, it just cracks me up. How could you not laugh at this. No he is not asleep. He was actually upset because the little girl that lives across the street (she's 11) was playing with someone else. His first heartbreak. He got over it as soon as he spotted the chips at the block party.

Jake has had some changes too. This kid has just blossomed the last few weeks. He is firery, funny, and mischievous as all get out, but who can resist this kid? (He loves olives just like his mom.)




One of my best friends celebrated her 30th birthday (finally) and had a greaser surprise party so we got a fun night out. I broke out my hot rollers for the occasion. It was a blast.

We then decided to take a get away to Mammoth mountain for a little snow fun. Of course my kids got really sick. High fevers and ridiculous coughs. Poor Adam was so bad, he could only be outside for 10 minutes before he was coughing so bad that he had to go inside directly into a hot bath because he couldn't breathe. Regardless we still had a great time. Paul and I each got a half day of snowboarding in. And one morning, we woke up to this.

Getting ready for the snow. Thanks Aunt Linda for the snow clothes.


Just love this one.

We have always suspected that Jake is really Scandinavian or German. He pronounces the "w" sound like a "v". For the longest time, my dad called him Sven. And as at home as he was in the snow, I am pretty sure he got switched at the hospital (well other than the fact that he is the spitting image of his Baba.)


I know, the only thing missing from this picture is Red Square.


The saddest snowman ever created. His carrot nose even fell out before the picture was taken, but the boys didn't care.


Adam loved making snow angels when he managed to stop coughing.

I thought he did a great job.

We did manage to get plenty of sledding in too.

Okay, Jakes leg is not broken, we just had a wardrobe malfunction. We fought that boot the entire time. And yes, that is duct tape holding the boot together. Lame....I know.



Adam was a great pusher, and he loved the job so much that he almost preferred it to sledding.

I am not sure who was having more fun.



It was a wonderful a trip with lots of smiles. Thanks to the Carey family for putting up with all the germs and for all the laughs, and to my husband who works so hard to make these trips possible. It was a fantastic snow trip.




2 comments:
That entire post made me laugh. I love all the faces being made, I truly thought Adam was sleeping & when I saw that picture of you & Paul I thought to myself "Wow that's a new look!" Glad it was for a party. Hehe! I missed your posts & I'm glad you're back.
How fun! I'm so impressed with all the trips you guys take. Some day my kids will snow..like when they are teenagers...:-)
Post a Comment