I can't believe that February has come and gone. It has been a crazy month. We started off in Mammoth enjoying the snow, celebrated my 33rd birthday, had 1 round of 104 fevers (the boys), 1 round of the 6 day stomach flu (Paul and me), Olympics overload, and we are closing out the month by returning to our "regular" life as Paul is a full time paramedic again. He finished his 2 years as the Public Education Officer for the department. We are all delighted he is back to his normal schedule. Here has been what is happening in our home.
My boys love popcorn and movie night. We were having a pillow repaired on our couch so they saw it as the perfect seat for them.

Adam had a pet parade at preschool. He got to pick any stuffed animal he wanted and he picked the Pooh bear I have had since junior high.

Adam is in tennis lessons for a few more weeks. He really enjoys it, but need to work on keeping his eyes open.

We had a few of our neighbors over for dinner a few weeks ago, and this is the upside down caramel pear cake Jake and I made. It was a little prettier in the cookbook, but it was still delicious.

My proud assistant chef.

Then both the boys joined me for gnocchi rolling.

It cracks me up how he lines everything up like a train.

The boys have also been venturing out to the skate park lately. We have learned to go in the morning while the big kids are at school. They love it.




No, they don't go down the big ramps, but I just like this picture because Adam still looks little.

Adam is about to start a new adventure in jiu jitsu. We have seen wonderful positive things from many friends who have their kids enrolled in martial arts. We are hoping this boosts his confidence a bit and helps in the discipline department a little. They soooo sucker you in when the put them in a gui. He just looks to darn cute.

This is a block (so I am told). I am sure it is a little more intimidating if he isn't smiling when he does it. I am really hoping he loves this, but we will see.




4 comments:
Adam is going to love this new adventure. I love that his belt is off to the side and he is smiling with his block. I also love the facial expressions on Jake in all his pictures. Quite a character! Love the update.
I missed your blogs. And OMG! Adam does look adorable in that gui. And what a cute little helper. I hope March is healthier for you.
thanks for the update! love it! hope you all stay well now my friend.
Gosh all of a sudden Jake seems so grown up..must be that sudden almost three change!
Glad to see you're back in blog land (at least for a day). :-)
Post a Comment