So all went well and Adam is "good" as he told his nurse repeatedly. Her is how our day went.
Here is Adam in the play room before surgery still in his jammies.
This is the rocket with wheels that we gave him this morning.
...chillin' with Daddy's ipod.
The main point of contention...the gown. This was his least favorite part of the entire ordeal.
See, doesn't he look so happy?
He humored me with a smirk.
He loved the fact that he got to control the TV, and thank goodness for Playhouse Disney.
This is what we were greeted with in the recovery room. Still groggy and out of it.
But, he did give me a little sign of hope when I asked him to smile. Poor baby. This was the hardest part. After he came to a little more, the tears started. Not hard crying, just tears and a pouty lip. It was heart breaking.
Then being out of the gown, and a popsicle fixed everything.
The popsicle won.
And since he couldn't have anything to eat since the night before, he wanted pancakes for "breakfast" at 10:30 a.m. All is well again. Now Jake is getting evaluated tomorrow to see if he too needs tubes since this is ear infection #3 in 2 months for him.




5 comments:
Oh my goodness, I am so sad you had to go through all this, but VERY HAPPY at the smiles and outcome. Saying a prayer for your dear little boy and his complete recovery!!!
Yay! Amy told me about the upcoming surgery but I didn't know it was happening so soon. Looks like everyone did great and was very brave. Go Adam!
love, Anne
We were thinking of you. I'm so glad all went well. Adam looked so big in the pic with the iPOD & then so tiny in the hospital bed. And I really hope Jake doesn't need tubes too.
I am so so happy that everything went well. I was thinking of you and Adam. Thanks for the update.
i'm so glad it went well...prayers for NO TUBES for jake!
Post a Comment