Tuesday, September 15, 2009

August catch up

Back to blogging, done settling into the apartment. Here are a few notable items for the month. (Don't worry, pictures from Nonni's 60th bash are to come). So on one of our many trips back and forth from San Pedro to Redondo beach, we saw this. This road is one of the most beautiful drives since it is all along the ocean. Paul, the controlled pyromaniac, saw the smoke from our house and guessed it was from Palos Verdes. The boys were in the car with us, so we took them out and got these shots. They still talk about it. I now get why my husband loves fighting brush fires, even though I wish he didn't.


This was the next day.
Amid all the packing, I found out that Jake knows how to turn on my ipod touch, find the videos, and start baby einstein all by himself.
And I love his viewing venue of choice. Come on, what better place to watch a movie but in a laundry basket?
We said goodbye to our house this month. We loved this house and it is very bitter sweet to leave it and the memories it holds, but we know that new memories will be made and that this decision is what is best for our boys.

I pray that they always feel this way about each other.

2 comments:

Cathy Bolander said...

I'll miss you guys but totally get it. Can't wait to see where you end up.

Megan said...

My Jake does that too, when he's not getting into the pantry for a snack so he can set up the whole show. He makes a picnic on the carpet complete with snacks and his "music". You can lock those things if you need to! HAA