I was so fortunate this summer to be able to make a trip back to Ohio to visit my 89 year old grandfather with my boys. Paul had to work, so I got my first taste of airline travel with my boys on my own. I can not tell you how amazing my boys did. I would do it again tomorrow. I think I had a smile on my face for 6 days straight. Here are the highlights.
Our first stop was Pittsburgh. My oldest friend and her family lives there and are always so kind to take us in and serve as our tour guides for a day or two. This is the tunnel that takes you to the Gateway Clipper. It is a river boat that lets you see Pittsburgh from the river point of view. It also serves as a shuttle for football and baseball games.


On the far left of this picture you can see train tracks that is the incline. People used to use this to get to work, now they are tourist attractions.

Yes, that is Heinz field in the background.

Don't forget PNC park.

Adam loved all the train bridges, of course.

This is what the incline looks like from the bottom.

Jake settled right in. It was like a an oven in there, but he didn't seem to mind.

The view from the top.


Adam took this awesome image.




On the way down.

Danielle and I have been friends since we were 5. I am so grateful that she is still a part of my life.

My boys and my papa. The reason for the trip.

I am pretty sure they were having fun too.

Of course we had to play a little hopscotch.


I have been so fortunate with my amazing grandparents. The sacrifices they made in their lives have made my life possible.

My mom was there too which made the trip double the fun.

Love these boys.

We had a little party for Papa since we won't be able to make to his 90th birthday party in November.

We had a 4 hour lay over in Dallas on the way home. So that gave us enough time for a quick visit with my brother and his family. Just a wonderful added bonus!

I know, I know, Jake looks more like my sister-in-law's son than mine.





No comments:
Post a Comment