Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm a bad blogger

Again, I am a bad blogger. It has been quite some time since I have posted, but we have been just a little busy. We are officially in escrow with our house. It is exciting and stressful all at the same time. We'll see what happens. We have also been preparing for our big trip to Texas for my Mom's 60th birthday. We leave tomorrow so those pictures will come next week sometime. Until then, here is the catch up.

On Sunday, Paul and I went to San Diego for Arnold and Missy's amazing wedding at the the Hotel del Coronado. Arnold hired on the fire department with Paul back in 2002. It is the first beach wedding I have been to, and makes me wish I would have done it that way too. Literally, we all had our toes in the sand. It was memorable to say the least.

Missy and the Torrance Firemen.
The firemen couples.
and us. Thanks Tom and Shannon for keeping the boys...again.
We have been spending quite a bit of time outside being that it is summer in southern California. This is Jake at my friend Renne's house. He loves being bundled up and sitting in this chair after we swim. It cracks me up because it is the longest I have ever seen him be still while not sleeping.
A few weeks ago, Baba and Nono hosted us at the annual Croatian dinner at the Mary Star Fiesta. The boys loved it. As I can't do ferris wheels without getting sick, Nono was nice enough to take the boys on it.
and oh how they loved driving these cars.
This is Jake's new favorite stance. It used to be the hands behind the back pose, and now it is this...the supervisor.
This is at a one year old's birthday party. It was so much fun. They just set up slip and slides, pools, and games. As you will see, we all had a great time. Yes, I am in my regular clothes....I can never resist a good dare. Happy birthday Maya.



Adam just finished swim lessons for the summer. He isn't swimming yet, but his reservations about water are gone so I say mission accomplished. The poor kid, he will hate me later for these pictures...ear plugs (doctor's choice), goggles (his choice), and the orange vest (instructors choice). But he had such a good time.

So this is what happens when Jake finds my address stamp without me noticing for 5 minutes. There are 7 stamps you can't see on his belly and under his shorts on his legs. And don't miss the one right between his eyes.
So we have been spending quite a bit of time at the beach. For this trip, we were invited up to paradise cove in Malibu. It was beautiful and full of celebrities. We saw Mini Driver with her baby and dog, and I met Matthew McConaughey. He is from Longview, Tx, like me. I almost died. I played it as cool as possible on the outside, but was freaking out on the inside. I talked to him for about 2 minutes about the hometown with Jake on my hip (who asked the shake Matthew's hand after he had it shoved in his own mouth...it was dripping with slobber, but Matthew shook it anyway). Paul asked if he could take our picture, but he said no since there were paparazzi on the beach. Would have been pretty funny if Jake and I ended up as his lover and illegitimate love child on the tabloids. As we were walking away Paul says to me, thanks for introducing your husband. Ooops. Anyway, here is sunset over the hills.
Barbara Streisand's house.

Just having fun. Thank you Rico and Renae for hosting us as we had a fantastic time.


Just some more pictures of the boys at the beach. It has been a great summer. Since the next few months hold quite a bit of uncertainty, these carefree days full of smiles like these are the best.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun reading about your summer. Good luck with the house in escrow and thank you again for making it to Maya's party! Great pictures of the wedding! :)

Charissa Coate said...

Awesome! Maybe we need to take a walk over to Paradise Cove. :)Your boys are so beautiful! Hope you guys are doing well!

Megan said...

You aren't a bad blogger, just busy! I love when you catch up. There are so many pictures. Love them all.

J.J. Killins said...

OK i haven't seen Matthew Mccona-whatever here but we do have lovely beaches at the lakes so you should come check ours out! Good luck with the house, fingers crossed.

Katie said...

Oh funny! I know Arnold! He was my best friend, Kelly's roommate for a long time!

Small world!

Such fun summer photos!