Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The aquarium

We went to the Long Beach Aquarium as a family, which is a treat.  I usually go by myself with the kids.  It allowed me to actually take pictures rather than just keep Jake from trying to jump in the pool with the sharks.  Speaking of sharks, below is a pile of sleeping sharks and Adam trying to get brave enough to touch them.  (Eventually, he did)

This is one of the coolest exhibits in the aquarium, but all Adam wants to do is run through it since on the other side is "NEMO."
So I uploaded a little out of order, this is the lighthouse that the boys love playing around. 
Jake found a pigeon that he was determined to catch.
Back to the aquarium, the sea lions are so playful and came right up to the boys to say hello.


Here is Adam following the rules and using 2 fingers to pet the sting rays and fish.

And then there is Jake who tries swim with the rays (the reason I don't take pictures when I am by myself.)


2 comments:

Megan said...

I love that aquarium. It's so fun.

Anonymous said...

Looks like they had big fun. I think Jake and Gus would get along swimmingly, though you and I would be dead tired by the end of the day.