Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The boys first earthquake

We had an interesting first today.  The boys had their first earthquake, 5.4.  No big deal out here as we are a decent distance away from the epicenter.  Our light fixtures were swinging and my china cabinet was rattling.  It felt like we were on a boat.  Not so sure I like this earthquake thing, got to take the Texas tornados over the entire ground shaking beneath my feet.

4 comments:

The Lindleys said...

YIKES! Glad to hear you are ok!! : )

Megan said...

I was wondering if you were able to feel that. I heard about it on the news. Glad you are safe!

Anonymous said...

it's so funny, those of us from So. California would say that we would take earthquakes over tornados! It was a bit nerve rattling though. I was at work with a patient in my office. She freaked out and BOLTED out of my office.

Katie said...

oh sara, that was a tiny little quake. You'd rather have your house ripped out of the ground instead? Okay so maybe that only happens in Kansas or trailers..but still...